Saturday, August 15, 2009

Here is a Bike that has been in our family since 1979

The 1979 Honda XL185S, A fun Durable Bike for the ages.






And is still running strong. It was purchsed brand new off the showroom floor at the local Honda Dealer, who will remain unamed, because I can't stand them. They are the only game in town and are the biggest collection of jerks who were ever assembled in a motorcycle shop.If you need parts or a tire change please do yourself a favor and go to your local Cycle Gear. Friendly knowledgeable people there and always willing to lend a hand, their customer service is second to none. They can get most parts that you will need, and at a much better price. I have used them for years now and have no complaints. This bike is a 1979 Honda XL185S, dual sport street legal bike. I have ridden it for many, many years and it is still running strong after all these years. It needs rear turn signals, which were lost years ago and a new right side battery cover. Other than that it starts right up on the fist kick and runs very strong. Bikes were made to last and take punishment back in those days, they were big steel monsters that loved to be ridden and would reward you by not breaking down. I just put new set of Dunlop knobbies on it, since most of it time will be spent in the dirt, exploring the back roads, it makes a great camping companion, and will probably be going strong when I am long gone. I just hope my kids enjoy it as much as I have. Check out the pictures.

No comments: