Friday, June 19, 2009

New Digital Camera


I just picked up a new Digital Camera for the motorcycle trip I took on Hwy 49. You can check out the camera specifics here: http://exilim.casio.com/products_exz29.shtml. I really like this camera, I needed something to take along with me that was light & easy to carry, this really hit the mark. It takes pretty good pictures and takes video as well, the Nikon D80 I have is just too bulky to carry on a motorcycle. I am making a mount for it so I can put on the handlebars and record some riding video, coming soon, I hope. I sold another camera to pay for this one and I am very happy with it, it does well outdoors and not too bad indoors when the light is low. After finding this camera I found another Casio, that has some awesome video features. It is the EX- FC100 and is a high speed video camera, which means it takes super slow motion video. The super slow motion is rated at 1000 frames per second, 420 FPS, and 210 FPS. That is just unbelievable performance for any camera, so I ordered it yesterday and should have it on Monday. It cost $289, not bad for a high performance camera, the 1000 FPS video is not real high quality, but should be fun to play with. The other settings, the 210 and 420 are pretty good, I have seen many videos made with these two settings, and they look good. They are not super high quality, but for under $300 that is hard to beat. I had to sell off some things on e-bay to get it, but I think it will be worth it.
Back to the EX-Z29, I picked that one up at Radio Shack. They were having a promotion on it and I got the camera, a leather carry case, camera neck strap, and a 4GB SanDisk card for $119. This is a great camera for the price, it is not as good as some of the other P&S cameras out there, but it is not priced like them either. I don't think you will find a better P&S for the price, so if you are in the market for a camera that performs well and won't put a huge dent in your wallet this is a great choice. The picture is a stock photo, but mine is the same model and color, I like it alot and I am very picky about photo my equipment, it took me 3 years to find the right P&S camera, yeah, I've been looking that long.

No comments: